Thursday, December 18, 2008

Things are moving along....

I have the Christmas cards mailed {by 'mailed' I mean ready for the post office tomorrow morning}, so be expecting yours shortly! Here are the ornaments that I made, very simple and very cute. All I did was buy the clear ball ornaments at Michael's and put rolled Christmas patterned paper inside with a little bit of buffalo snow to give it some sparkle.



As I was doing this I got an idea, since there are 12 ornaments in a pack {2 missing from the photo} I think I am going to buy some more on clearance and make them for gifts next year. The paper that I will put in each will be significant to each of the 12 months. For example, January's ornament will have snow flake paper, June's will have sunny or beach paper. I think that would be a nice gift for teacher's or anyone!

Right now I am baking raspberry oatmeal bars for gifts for the volunteers for Dogs Deserve Better. Tomorrow is our annual lunch at the Olive Garden! I bought little 'Chinese take out' looking boxes to stuff the raspberry bars in--they are going to be sooooo good!!

No comments: