Saturday, June 20, 2009

}Master Mason{


I picked Mason up from his first class of Karate on Friday afternoon and his exact words were, "That....was Awesome!!". I am so glad that he liked it! He was showing me some of the moves and terms that the instructor uses.

Right now Mason is playing Lego Star Wars on the Wii and does anyone know how annoying Chewbacca's voice is?? AHHHH, it's driving me crazy but apparently the game is really cool, so I guess I'll put up with it ;0)



I posted yesterday (or some other day) that I was going to make Mason a sign for his door. I used an old game board, like this one:



(I'm actually using this one for another project, but the one for Mason's sign was a similar one, just a tad bit smaller)

And made this:



I forgot to use the skull wallet that I had planned on, but I don't know if it would have worked anyway. These game boards were going to the Goodwill, but I decided to give them another life. I think Jason had that careers game since he was a kid, it was probably on the verge of being vintage!! I actually bought a game the other weekend called 'Numbreo' or something like that for .50 just to use the board and number pieces that are just like Scrabble tiles, except they are numbers. They are so easy to work with because they are really sturdy and brads go right through them.

I had this for lunch today (oh, and dinner yesterday):



OMG, this is THE best salad on Earth!! It's the Strawberry Poppyseed Salad from Panera. To-Die-For. They are getting a bit pricey I think, maybe I should cut down on the amount of times I go there, or just don't take Jason and Mason!! HaHa, that was a joke (sort of). I am just glad that there is a nice place like that to go where you don't feel overly stuffed after you eat (unless you eat a chocolate pastry!) and the portions are not ginormous.

I am dying to hear the big announcement on Monday night about Jon & Kate. I used to follow the show, got away from it and catch it every now and again. But since it has been in the tabloids left and right, I am excited to hear what's going on. Sad, I know. I watch too much reality TV.


I am off to go get some crafting done! Have a great Saturday night!!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

That is amazing that Mason is taking karate. He looks really cute in his chop-socky pjs. Don't tell him that I said that. When he looks in the mirror I am sure he sees a ninja fighter :)
Here is a great craft project. You get some old newspaper clippings, say from one of your relatives who works as a reporter and has had her old byline files hanging around forever, and you decoupage them onto a lampshade. I bet that would be awesome!