Sunday, June 14, 2009

[Cookie Sheet Project & ShamWOW]



I finally broke down and got some ShamWow's. I didn't order online, I just got the mini pack at Walmart, I was careful not to be fooled by look-a-likes, as Vince clearly states in the commercial! I swear, when that commercial first came out, I could not get it out of my head. Who better to sell you towels than this guy?? He later moved on to the not so popular 'SlapChop', then he got charged with marijuana possession and I haven't seen him since. Oh well, he probably needed some sort of escape from reality, I mean his reality is being the ShamWow guy!!

Sandy, the owner of my FAV scrapbook store has put me in charge of coming up with class project ideas (no pressure). She had some small cookie sheets left over from the Cookie Sheet Calendar class that I made up for her, so she asked if I could do something using them. Here is what I came up with:



I thought it was cute, I hope it sells as a class. The 'grass' part is very time consuming, but other than that it came together pretty quickly. I distressed the outer edges with distress paint and then went over it with alcohol ink. The fence stuff I had bought at a yard sale for .10 cents!! The mirror was the most expensive part, around $3, but still the overall project is pretty cheap. I only used one piece of patterned paper. I clearly need to get better glass cleaner!!

Jason is getting ready to grill some fish (barf...) and I have to figure out what I am going to eat for dinner. Later!!

No comments: