Monday, June 01, 2009

I'm Baaaaaack!!

Oh, where do I start!! We left for Baltimore on Friday afternoon and got there at around 4pm. We took a break when we got to the hotel (just a short one, there is no time for resting on vacation!!) then headed over to the Inner Harbor. That is where I saw the most beautiful sight: The Cheesecake Factory. The first time I went to TCF was in Columbus, there are a few here in Pa, but thankfully none close enough to eat at regularly! The food is o.k, but really, who goes there for the food?? I sure hope that I can continue to afford to feed this child of mine, this growing boy can eat and eat and eat! So after dinner we got some cheesecake to go. It started to pour, so we hung out in the HarborPlace mall for a bit and bought an umbrella. We headed over to the HardRock to get a t shirt and then to ESPN Zone for some game playing and headed back over to the hotel to relax and enjoy the cheesecake!!







On our way back over to the hotel, this popped up:



I can count on one hand how many times I've seen a rainbow.

So, Saturday morning is when we had tickets for the Aquarium, at 9:30 entry time. I figured we would get to sleep in a little to 7:30 (yes, that's sleeping in!!), but sure enough we were up a full hour before our 7:30 am wake up call!! Here are some highlights from the Aquarium:





This fish was so funny, when you put your finger up to the glass, it would follow it!! It was really cute!




Some Jellies:






I have to say, I was very disappointed in the Maryland Science Center. It was boring and just plain. Sure, there were a few things that were interesting, but not worth the $40 entry fee. AND, we didn't even get to go see the Dinosaur exhibit because you had to pay extra for that and it really wasn't worth it to us. I did get this picture of this flying dino, and was he ever creepy looking!



Then back to the hotel to enjoy some more cheesecake! One could not possibly eat an entire piece in one sitting, if you could, congrats, you deserve some sort of gold cheesecake medal!!

Here, Mason is trying to catch one of the 'city chickens'. He tried to feed them nacho cheese bugles, but apparently the Baltimore pigeons are picky eaters!



Wrapping things up here, one of my FAVORITE shows is Ace Of Cakes on the food network. I did some google mapping and discovered that the bakery is only about 4 miles from where we were staying, so on our way home we drove by. I was SO hoping that Duff would be outside!! Now, that would have been cool!



Out of our hotel window was one of many Legg Mason buildings. At night the lights were on and part of the letter "L" was burned out, so it spelled out 'I Egg Mason', it doesn't take much to amuse me, but I thought it was funny!!





I hope that I didn't put all of you to sleep with this looooong post!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

So glad you had a good time and are back safely! The boys look like they are living it up.
I know that Cheesecake Factory. Mom Mom and I were there a couple years ago. And I remember that ship with the shark teeth. Bet the enemy was really scared :)