Saturday, July 10, 2010

Heat Wave Relief

Wow, we had about 4 days in a row of 90+ degree temps and I am so glad that is over! Let's hope that doesn't come back this summer! We have been spending the days at the pool as much as possible.

We went to the grocery store a few days ago and found this:



A Santa Claus melon?? Never heard of it before, but thought we should try it. It tasted just like a honeydew melon. It was good, but not nearly as good as the cantaloupe that I also bought that day. So ripe, so delicious!

Here are some funny pictures that I have found across the web this week:






That "T.HANKS" one made me laugh so hard! Very clever!

Now [drum roll, please]:

A ridiculous amount of pictures of the goofiest kid I know:









Mason's personality has changed so much since our life has changed so drastically, but he still has this goofy side that even on my worst days, the days when I don't even want to go on, when I just feel like throwing in the towel, he can make me smile and remember why I am fighting so hard to protect him. He's so funny and I hope that this family situation has not crushed his spirit and his confidence. We've been spending countless hours playing cards, taking walks, talking, swinging on the swing, eating ice cream, watching cartoons and just getting through this together. I love him so much and it still [and will forever] hurts me so bad to see him hurting. Time will heal this, I just wish I could fast-forward the time it takes, but then again I would miss out on a whole lot of good times, also.

Aren't the clouds just beautiful?

No comments: