Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sun Burn And Lots Of Cash!

Well, most of you who will read this know WE ARE MOVING!! We are very thrilled to be making this move, however, I am not totally thrilled with my 'pack rat' ways. Let me back up a few days. I planned to have a ginormous yard sale, but work interfered with that plan, so the only free day I have for the next 3 weeks is Sunday-Flea Market Day. So, I decide to make a trip to the flea market to sell, but not before sorting through, literally 12 years of stuff that I have moved from one place to another--I had the room to store it, where I am moving I don't (this could be a good thing, though). So, Mason and I start sorting: Keep, Toss, Goodwill, Sell. The sell pile kept growing. Thursday we went up to the attic where I could actually feel the sweat pouring out of me, it was soooo hot. I did end up losing 3 pounds because it it, so no complaints!! Then, Saturday night rolls around and Mason and I had to lug a TON of 'sell' stuff from the basement to the van that my Dad let me borrow. In.90.degree.heat. For.three.hours. Well, to make this as short as possible I almost had to call 911 because I started blacking out and I was suffering from extreme heat exhaustion. Oh My Gosh, I NEVER want to go through that again. Thank goodness a few glasses of ice cold water and a half hour break cured it. It was awful. But we survived and kept on packing! It turns out that the huge van wouldn't even hold half of the items that I had to sell! This seems so impossible and a few times I felt like giving up. Really. But I know, in the end, it will be all worth it because I won't have all this clutter and I know that clutter=stress. Ok, so we got the van packed up and we were ready to roll out of the house at 5:15 am to head down to the flea market. It rained last night, so I went to use the windshield wipers and they don't work. WHAT?? Everything is on schedule, I don't need this! I knew it wasn't going to rain, so I pulled out some paper towels and dried the windshield. Ready to go. Except the defrost decided not to work, as I was driving out of town the windshield fogged up so bad I couldn't see a thing! Not to mention it was still dark outside. I managed to pull over and call my Dad, long story short, we got it taken care of and we didn't lose that much time! Thankfully my Mom and Dad helped me set up and sell all day long. I really don't think that I could have done it myself. I wanted to get pictures of the fun adventure we were having but we were TOO BUSY SELLING! My stuff was a hit, thankfully! $238 later, we are one step closer to decluttering! I was so happy to have made that much money, I needed it!! I surely paid the price with sunburn, though. I did have sunscreen on, but it apparently wasn't that effective, so now I need to get some aloe! The phrase 'Cash For Gold' is everywhere, so I decided to take advantage of that, too. Last week I took my wedding ring, engagement ring, an emerald ring that he bought for me and some old, broken gold charms to see how much I could get for them. $177 dollars later...I'm just glad that I was able to sell this stuff and thankful that I was able to make that much from it.

Goodbye:



Since I still have a boat-load of stuff to sell, I am thinking homecoming weekend I will set up shop in my driveway (if I can get the day off!) Maybe another $150 would make me happy?? We'll see....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Robyn and Mason
I will now be able to read your blogs! I will try to check in as often as possible. I wish we could visit you soon. So much happening here. will keep in touch
We love you both xxoo