Friday, October 31, 2008

My 'Think Outside The Box' Mentality...

Sometimes (well, most of the time) thinking outside the box is a good thing. That is until you want to create a haunted gingerbread house. Tell me, how does this:


Turn into this:



I'll tell you how. The directions for this fine, family fun project was about 8 pages too long. I don't like to read how to do something when all the pieces are in front of me and I can get to work right away (perhaps a little ADD). Pair that with the 'helper' only wanting to eat the black icing and you have one disaster of a haunted gingerbread house. This was my experiment for a future Christmas gingerbread house, but I have learned a valuable lesson. That lesson would be: Just don't. No matter what the picture on the box promises, just back away from the gingerbread houses, very slowly.

No comments: