Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It Just Wouldn't Be Right If I Didn't Go Over Board In The Cupcake Department!





I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to bake and decorate. I hope to make a living out of it someday. I have toyed with the idea of going to the Culinary Art Institute in Pittsburgh for a while now, (in search of the ever nagging question, "What do I want to be when I grow up?") however, I always have the Debbie Downer voice asking me, "Where would you ever find a decent paying job around here in that field?". It's true, I don't plan on moving, I like where I am at, so where here in small town PA am I to find a good job that could display my culinary artistic abilities. Nowhere. So, for the time being, I am just going to do it as a hobby and hope to make a little money along the way. I am gearing up to make Mason's 8th (oh, my gosh-8 years old!!) birthday cake. We are having a beach party theme in November, and I have this mental image (along with about 5 sketches) of how I want his cake to look. I hope I come close! Sometimes they turn out better than my mental picture, sometimes not. However it turns out (even if I am up until 3 am getting it right) I am sure Mason will love it. He helped me decorate some of the (120) cupcakes for his football party. I hope the love of baking (even though it may not be manly) sticks with him for a long time.

No comments: