Sunday, October 19, 2008

I {LOVE} Halloween.

Halloween is, by far, my favorite holiday. I am gearing up for my 3rd annual Spook-Tacular dinner. Here is the menu:

* To Be Served Boo-fet Style*

Finger Foods:
Pumpkin Cheeseball
Devil Eggs
Mummy Dogs
Monster Mash Dip w/ Putrid Pita Chips

Main Corpse:
Fowl Chili w/ Abracadabra Hats
Snake Stromboli
Monster Claws
Bat Wings

Deadly Desserts:
Creepy Cookie Cauldrons
Tombstone Brownies
*A Surprise Dessert* (to be revealed that night)
Fang-Tastic Fruit Salad

Drinks:
Vampire Punch
Ghoul-Ade

Of course, I will have pictures, so I will post them as soon as possible.

In keeping with the Halloween theme, we ventured out to Pittsburgh for a night at the Scarehouse, rated the 5th scariest haunted house attraction in the US. Well, I thought it was OK, but far from exceptional. The special effects were good and the costumes were pretty cool, but it just wasn't all that scary. I did get scared a few times by the actors jumping out, and I did get called Tater Tot, for some reason (which was pretty funny!!), but I was just surprised that this haunted house was ranked 5th in the nation. I have made it my life mission (maybe that's going too far) to seek out the best Haunted places in Pa (or surrounding states) every Halloween. I saw a few that I am hoping to get to soon, like next Halloween. I would love to find something that actually SCARES me! So, hopefully we can get a big group together next year and make a weekend out of it.

No comments: