Sunday, September 26, 2010

So Much To Say....

I hope my fingers don't fall off!! Let's get to it:

First things first: Food
I found this AMAZING cheese at Wegman's:



Apple Pie Cheese. Oh.My.Goodness. I bought apples to eat with it, but when I sliced the cheese to taste it, it didn't need any company. It tasted like Apple Pie Cheesecake! It was sooooo good! I can't wait to get some more! I'm glad I snagged a picture before it was gone!

Next Up: This weekend

What a weekend it was! So busy! On Saturday we went to the PotatoFest. We tried (and liked A LOT), sweet potato ice cream. Yum! It was so buttery and creamy, I can't wait to try it in my ice cream maker. Here was my view:



Then Mason had a game! It was a real nail-biter! They did win 12-8, but in the last few minutes of the game all of the parents were really sweating it out!! Now we are just one step closer to the coach putting on a dress!!

Sunday:

We got up early to go to get pictures, I have been wanting to get up-to-date photos of Mason for awhile, now. So, I thought an old railroad theme would be nice. He was very cooperative, and the photoshoot ended up being one of the funniest days in a long time! Mason is such a goofball, so it was nice to see him actually enjoying himself! So without further ado, here are the best (out of 100 photos) shots:
















I really liked how they turned out, I guess it helps that the subject is as adorable as can be (not biased, or anything!)

Then....
We went on a hike. I have to admit, I came up with the idea to go hiking, but deep down I had a fear of meeting someone (or something) in the woods that was not friendly. We got to the hiking destination and I put on the backpack that I had packed full of water, lunch, snacks and (a knife for protection). We started up the hill and within 4 minutes, Mason stops and [huffing and puffing] says he needs a snack and water to refuel himself--WHAT?? We could still see the car from where we were at!! So, I deny the snack, but of course, let him get the water. Making our way up, there was a half-way bench. Mason and all his drama, sits down and once again says he needs a snack. This kid could eat 24/7 if I let him! So, we decided to take the trail to the bottom, I'm going to be honest, at first I wished we hadn't! Parts of it were SO steep that Mason was crawling backwards!! Ha, it was so funny!! We found a bridge and we had lunch and we made it to the top:



It was so worth it! And you are never too far from a Sheetz:



I gave Mason a tin to collect 'goodies' in the woods and he found this:




Isn't that cool looking?? It looks like a baby Flamingo hatching!! Pretty cool!

And finally, I have been wanting to get a picture of this street sign for awhile now, but apparently someone else wanted the actual street sign because it was down for a long time, and then a new one popped up. So, I thought I'd get a picture before someone else "takes" it:

No comments: