Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Note To Self:

DO NOT BUY A CHEAP BLENDER. Shall I explain? Mason was not going to be with me this particular Saturday evening, so I decided I wanted to make some frozen margaritas. So, I pick up a blender at Walmart and since I had other things to buy, I thought I'd go cheap on the blender to balance the final bill. Well, well, well. I won't make that mistake again! Picture this: Quiet, a horror movie all ready to be watched, triscuits with olive dip in a bowl, the couch is piled high with blankets to snuggle in, did I mention "Quiet"? Then I poured the margarita mix into the blender and followed all the steps that ensured I would be enjoying this adult beverage within minutes, got the salt rimmed glass all ready to go, I place the ice into the blender......

DEAD. Motor burned. No margarita.



Oh well, so the lesson is to never buy a cheap blender. I guess I will be going smoothie-free also for a little longer. On the same note, I had to say my final goodbyes to a very dear friend. One that goes by the name of C.I. Skillet. I wept a tear and tried to save her life, but it was too late. Let me back up a little. While my life was plummeting into the depths of hell at full speed (a little dramatic, eh?) I had made my famous mushroom bake one last time. I baked it with love, like usual, and when dinner was over, I placed it in the sink to soak for only 20 minutes before I was going to hand wash it. 20 minutes, 5 days what's the difference? I did not forget about her, I just couldn't bring myself to look at the remains of what was a meal that was requested often by a person who remains nameless. He had left and all I had was dirty dishes. I tried to scrub, soak and beg that wonderful baking friend, but at last, I had to part ways. So, until we meet again, Ms. Skillet, it was great knowing ya.

I went to Panera last weekend with Lee Ann and we had a fabulous time! Talking, food, drinks, it was just great to get out of the house and relax. While I was there, I tried the veggie sandwich for the first time ever! SO good. So good, in fact I decided to re-create it at home:



Hummus spread, sliced cucumbers, roasted red peppers, thinly sliced red onion all stacked up on tomato basil bread. Need I say more??

Football is in full force:




I don't think Mason is into it like he has been in past years, but that is to be expected, I guess because he has a lot of memories attached to football season.

Some random pictures that I took:

A beautiful flower:


Mushrooms growing along a tree:


Mason enjoying a slushie:


That's All, Folk's!

No comments: