Monday, September 06, 2010

Comfort In A Bowl

I stopped into Weis Market on Saturday to pick up a few limes and they have a free magazine with all kinds of goodies (and coupons) inside. I came home and read it and it had a recipe for Potato Soup. Nothing new, but it sounded sooooo good for these chilly days we have been having! I, of course, could not follow the recipe to a T because it called for chicken broth and bacon. Problem solved: Veggie Broth and Facon to the rescue! I had no idea how simple it really was to make this. I did add one more twist, instead of getting potatoes and baking them, I had a half a bag of hashbrowns in the freezer--Genius! It worked fantastic, tasted amazing and now have enough leftover for another bowl for tomorrow night. I paired it with a warm, crusty roll, yummy! Adding a can of corn would really add pizazz, also!



I've got a sick kid on my hands. It never fails, as soon as all the kids go back to school EVERYONE gets sick! He has weigh-ins tomorrow for football and I am sweating it. I don't think he's going to make the cut off weight limit. I've been feeding him low-fat chicken noodle soup all day and pumping him full of water, for two reasons.

1. I know both of those will help with his cold.
2. I know both of those will shed water weight!

Keeping my fingers crossed, I don't want him to sit the bench for the whole season. Well, I have to pack lunches, it has been nice enjoying a 3 day weekend, but back to the regular routine.....

No comments: