Sunday, October 25, 2009

Tricks And Treating

On Saturday night a group of us went to a haunted house. We had to beg, bribe and plead for Mason to go into the house. He was terrified, to put it mildly. We got there and he wanted to be in between Jason and I and he wanted me to wrap my arms around him really tight so that the creatures/monsters wouldn't get near him. So I did and his heart was beating so fast that I thought it was going to jump right out of his chest! I have to admit before we walked into the haunted house I was starting to get second thoughts! It was really creepy. We made it through and Mason did well, although there were a few times that he started to cry! He felt better when Jason talked to the actors because he knew then that they were just people! After the haunted house they took us on a haunted hay ride. It was such a beautiful night, I could have stayed on the hay ride for hours. Then they drop us off and we travel through the haunted woods. It was great! We had no idea what to expect and then all of the sudden a guy jumps out with a chainsaw and starts to follow us. Then there were fire explosions, people coming out of the corn field, screams, props that you didn't know were real people, it was just fantastic! Then we made our way out and got some snacks and listened to some great music from the live band. Mason then got a picture with Beetlejuice:



It was so much fun, I'd love to do it again next year.

Trick or Treat was today, almost a full week before Halloween, but what can you do? Here they have it during the day and although safety is the #1 concern, it is no fun walking around in the daytime to trick or treat. I always thought that was strange and took away from all the fun. But Mason got some candy, we didn't let him go over board and he only hit about 15-20 houses and that was it. He decided to be an 'Evil Leprechaun' this year. Did I ever have fun putting his costume together. He is such a good sport about costumes. I am trying to instill in him to use his imagination, so don't just go buy something off the rack at Walmart! Get creative. I don't know if it's working, but hey, I'll give it a shot anyway!! Here he is:




I really liked the way it turned out and he did get a lot of compliments/comments on it, so it was well worth the effort!

I've got a Lifetime movie to attend here in a few minutes, so have a great night, everyone!

No comments: