Monday, August 10, 2009

Yard Sale Finds & Chillin' @ The Pool

I went to a yard sale on Saturday in hopes of finding a treasure this summer as yard sales are dying down for the season. This one that we stopped at (ok, the only one that day), Mason found a bag of used stamps (the postal kind).



It was a great find because, although they have no monetary value, they have artist value. Some of them were postal stamped as far back as 1954! I think that is pretty cool! There were hundreds of stamps in this bag and I sorted them into categories such as patriotic, flowers/fruit, animals, Christmas and people. I will be able to use them for card making, scrapbooking and other projects. So, great find, Mason! I have always thought about keeping stamps for this purpose, but these fine yard sale people did all the work for me!

I also found this:



I have never been a history buff, but this struck me as very interesting. I mean, it's been around longer than I have (so it must be old!). It is dated August of
1977. It's full of pictures of the J-town flood and ads for really old movies. It was a pretty interesting read. The paper sold for 15 cents back in the day and I paid a dollar for a 32 year old paper, so I guess you could say it's a great investment to keep old newspapers and sell them three decades later for an 85 cent profit!!

I have a project to show that I am very proud of but I can not post it until the recipient receives it. That should be in a couple of days.

Here are some fun pool pics, it's finally getting hot enough to swim (not that I enjoy the heat or swim for that matter).





Some self-portraits that made me laugh:




What a goofy-goober.

No comments: