Friday, August 07, 2009

Perhaps My Middle Name Is Idiot

I had to get a new cell phone recently because old one would no longer hold a charge (which really wasn't the entire issue with it) and then one day when I went to answer it, the entire flip top flew off! I am still tied into a contract with AT&T, so getting a new, free phone was out of the question. So, Jason went to Walmart and bought a 'GO' phone for $30! You can use it with your plan, just pop in the SIM card, who knew? However, that happened about a month ago, so what I'm leading up to now is this cheapy, yet reliable Nokia cell phone, that I just got used to using is now headed to cell phone heaven. I opened up a cooler that I had taken to the pool a few days ago and it had melted ice in it. I was on the phone at the same time. Can you guess what happened?? Yep, the phone slides right off my ear and into the still cool water! I frantically pulled it out and dried it, turned it off and back on and it worked! Or so I thought. I quickly put a hair dryer to it and dried it all up. It was working just dandy until about an hour later. I started getting 'Error' messages. Then the phone just would not power back up. So, Jason is back at Walmart getting me another cheapy phone and I will once again have to add all of my phone numbers back in!! Oh, well!

This reminds me of the time years ago that I washed my brand new cell phone that was in the pocket of one of my zippy's! Do you see a pattern?

No comments: