Sunday, August 16, 2009

No Animals Were Harmed In The Making...

Of this delicious 'chicken' pot pie. I got a mini recipe book on my way out the door at Sam's Club the other day and it was filled with some really great recipes. Jason made the easy chicken pot pie recipe (well, I made it, he just cooked the chicken!) and it looked super good and smelled good, too. It was also very easy to make, so that's a bonus. After reviewing the recipe, all I had to do was make a few minor adjustments and it would become a cruelty-free dinner! I swapped out the real chicken for this:



This is possibly the best meat alternative on the market. It's so delicious and it works in any chicken recipe. Then I used veggie broth instead of chicken broth and here is the result:



It was delish!

Here is the project that I made for my Aunt who is currently at home, resting after being in the hospital. I bought this shadow box at a yard sale for a couple of dollars and I couldn't wait to tear it apart (I mean WHO would buy something like this for their home??!).

Before:



After:



I made a template of a tea cup and switched the placement of the smaller box, added some hand curled paper flowers and pulled it all together. She is an avid tea drinker, so I am sure she will enjoy this!

FOOTBALL PRACTICE STARTS ON TUESDAY!! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself! I love to watch Mason play football. He got his uniform the other day and yesterday was picture day for the team. He looks so awesome in his uniform! There are only 15 days left until school starts, although I will miss him dearly as he starts 3rd grade, I am ready for school to start!! It has been a long summer. I will miss the pool days that are coming to a rapid close. We didn't have much of a summer, although I preferred the cooler temperatures, it didn't make much for a great pool season. There is always next year, the borough is upgrading the pool and adding some water features and slides, how cool is that going to be?? As the summer wraps up, I can almost smell the cool, crisp fall nights spent at football games and preparing for the holidays. I happen to love fall, it's my favorite season. In the summer the windows are mainly closed because the air conditioning is on (and I can't live without that!!), so I love to have the windows open in the fall to let the fresh air in (the kitties like it, too!). I love to plan Mason's birthday party (November) and of course, my favorite holiday--Halloween! I love pumpkin pie, Black Friday and the kick-off to the holiday shopping season. And how could I forget, Steeler Football!! So, here's to another summer, not that I want time to pass so quickly, but I am always ready for the start of another fall.

No comments: