Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaack!!

Wow, I actually have a minute to sit down and type up a blog, well, actually ever since the Verizon tech was here to fix the internet a few hours ago, I'm finding it hard to pry myself away from the wonderful world wide web! Mason and I were headed out on our regularly scheduled walk, to walk Baileigh when we had quite a disagreement about something, which escalated into an argument and I believe he fell asleep within 3 minutes of being sent to his room! I really enjoy the nightly walks, it gives us a chance to have some time to talk, but he really does need to get sleep. The poor kid has not had a day this summer where he could sleep in until late afternoon. I love that kid with all my heart and the things that he is going through should never be laid on a kids plate. I hope we can get through this ok, I hope HE can get through this ok. I'm so conflicted, I know in my deepest of hearts that the best thing for Mason is to be on civil, speaking terms with "him", but I can't bring myself to even look at the idiot for all the pain and hurt he has put us through. I know it would ease the stress on Mason if we all got along, but I just can't do it. Am I the one being selfish there? Should I 'suck it up' for Mason's sake? I don't know, what I do know is that this is going to be going on for years and years, do I have that much fight in me? I sure hope so. I want this to all be over and I want to move forward, but it is so hard to do with all the pain that is still with both of us. Oh well, I take it day by day, sometimes hour by hour, but I will prevail, I just hope that I am doing everything (or at least 90%) right. My fear is that Mason will someday want to live with "him", I would so feel betrayed all over again, but I guess I am getting ahead of myself. This is why I fight so hard, so that I can see this everyday:



And, yes, I'm not going to lie, everyone reading this is thinking the same thing. "Did he eat them"? Yes.Yes, he did.

Now onto other, brighter things! We are finally moved! Oh my, I never took on a task like that in my life, and I survived it! The downstairs is pretty much done, Mason's room is done except for his loft bed, but my bedroom is a different story! It will get done, hopefully soon! THE CABLE GUY IS COMING ON SUNDAY!! I thought it was bad not having internet for 2 weeks, not watching TV has been worse! Although, I don't think that I would have gotten half of this stuff done if I were parking my rear on the couch! So, I will certainly enjoy catching up on my shows in a new place! I have to tell you, though, I am the world's worst packer! I will shove things in a box from all different rooms, half the boxes didn't close, in an effort to save money, I bought generic duct tape that stuck for 3 hours, so all the bottoms of the boxes bottomed out, I still to this day can not find my tweezers. This almost became serious. I mean unibrow serious. It was bad, I caught a glimpse in the mirror after a very long day of moving and thought Bert was staring right back at me.



So, I frantically searched for those tweezers (I have 2 pairs, one as a back up, do you think I could even find them?) with no luck. So, I got in the car and ran to Walmart (where else could one with a unibrow feel so comfortable?) and picked up a pair. So, no worries, I am UNI-free!

Every Friday in August at the pavillion across the street there are free concerts and Mason was thrilled to see the firemen set up a popcorn booth! He ran across the street to go get some and he got a firefighter hat!



Well, that's all for now. I will be posting soon, as I have a lot more to say!

No comments: