Sunday, August 15, 2010

Farmers Market, Boat Riding & Cable, Oh My!

Saturday I woke up and went over to the farmer's market set up outside and got some really great veggies.

The grape tomatoes were phenomenal, I really like grape tomatoes in recipes, but not usually just to pop in my mouth to eat, but these were so delicious, I just kept snacking on them! Yum.



Then we picked up some more green beans because I got them last week and cooked them up and, once again, they were excellent.



Then things got a little interesting, food-wise, anyway. I spotted dark purple (green) beans? I couldn't believe the deep, beautiful color. I didn't want to appear to be a novice in the veggie department, because after all, I AM a vegetarian! So, I quietly ask the person working, "Are they purple beans"? He very politely assured me that they were and I said I would take a basket. When I turned around a lady that had an equally puzzled look on her face asked me if I liked those beans. I sheepishly looked at her and said, "I don't think I've ever even seen those kind of beans before". Then she said, "Me neither". So she bought a basket, too! How cool is that, finding new things to try (and for very cheap). I imagine the deep purple color has more nutrients in them than regular green beans?



And, finally at the market right next to all the baked goods that a little old lady probably spent hours baking were flavored honey sticks:



Some of the flavors included: strawberry, pina colada, apple, chocolate, root beer (yuck!), and blueberry, etc. We picked out 8 different flavors, can't wait to try 'em!

Friends of ours invited us out on the boat for the day yesterday at Glendale, what a blast! We had a great time, the weather was perfect, the wind was cool and the company was great! The kids swam in the lake, Mason was afraid at first to jump off the boat, but once he did, there was no going back, he did it over and over again! He even got to drive the boat! Then we stopped and had a picnic on shore and then rode around the lake for the rest of the afternoon. I couldn't have spend a better Saturday, Mason really needed to have fun like that and get his mind off of things for awhile. So, thank you, guys for showing us a good, family fun time. Sure beats taking Mason to a bar, huh??






I am WAITING and WAITING for the cable guy, I have to do something at 4pm and the appointment is scheduled for 12-4pm, so with my luck, he'll show up at 4pm! I really can't wait to finally watch TV!!

No comments: