Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Waiting.....

I'm waiting to take Mason to football practice and thought I'd write a quick post. We are supposed to be taking a friend of Mason's to practice, but I have not heard if he still needs a ride, so I wait and wait. I would have left minutes ago, just to sit and wait at the field, so the majority of my life revolves around waiting, how ironic because I am a very inpatient person, I really hate to wait! So, I digress....

This is somewhat of a strange story, but it just goes to show inspiration can come at any time, in any form and any place as you will soon find out. I took Mason to Dick's Sporting Goods today to return a football thingamajig and he found some sneakers there for school. We wondered around because we had some time and I had to use the restroom. So I proceeded to enter the restroom and on my way to the last stall (the handicap stall) I looked in to see if the stall was acceptable to my high public restroom cleanliness standards and sure enough it was, at 2:30 the toilet bowl was still blue from the cleaner! Score! So I turn around to lock the door and the door lock is broken, there was no way the door was going to lock, so I walk over to the next available (the only other stall) and close and lock the door. Things get a little "weird" I guess. I just happened to have my camera in my purse, I do NOT make it a habit to take my camera in restrooms, but thank goodness I had it with me (and thank goodness no one else wondered into the bathroom at the same time!). Along the very clean walls I saw this bathroom graffiti:



I would love to know what inspired the person who wrote this to write this. What was going on in their life? It spoke volumes to me. I'm glad I saw it. Strange, yes. Powerful, absolutely! So, never dismiss any form of inspiration. And now all of you can say that you know a weirdo that takes pictures in the bathroom!

No comments: