Sunday, March 11, 2012

Spring Seedlings

I have been fighting the urge to move! Of course, I am not going to right now, but there is just something about moving that I love. It sure isn't the packing and actual MOVING part! It is the feeling of starting fresh. The feeling that everything can be new (even if it isn't). Maybe it is because Spring is around the corner and that always makes me want to clean and organize. I like change (for the most part). I like something different when I am bored with routine (which happens more than it should). I like to re-arrange, I do it often. Right now I want to get new furniture, change my curtains, buy new rugs, and paint! I can guarantee none of the above will happen any time soon! So....to curb the urge, I decided to buy seeds (you can see the connection, right? Right??). Every year at this time, I wish that my black thumb will turn green. Here they are:



I planted lavender, cilantro, rosemary, spearmint, sage (I think), cat grass (I will be sorry), basil, and some more lavender (did I mention that I LOVE lavender!!). I usually get so excited about the prospect of flavorful and wonderful-smelling herbs that I plant them way too soon, and then they die (enter black thumb). Hopefully that will not happen this year! I also got a few vegetable seeds, however I will wait to plant them in a few weeks. So, I hope all goes well and it curbs my desire to redecorate (or move!) and I can have a beautiful patio garden shortly!

No comments: