Thursday, September 03, 2009

[Cuteness Overload] & Other Fun Stuff

Here is the latest addition to the 'rescued' crew:



He's just here for a little while, I know it won't be hard finding this guy a home. He was rescued from a trailer (tied outside) and when the rescuers picked him up, there was no doubt that they saved his life. His ribs were bulging out of his sides and he scarfed down food and water like he'd never seen it before. So sad. But you would never even know he was here. He walked into the house for the first time on Wednesday, like he had lived here forever. My other dogs and cats just walked by him like they've know him his whole life (they are probably so used to seeing new pets in and out it doesn't even phase them anymore!!). His name is supposedly 'Andy', but I can't get used to calling a dog Andy, so I've been calling him 'little guy'. I'm sure he doesn't care, he's getting more attention than he's ever seen. He's just snoozing right next to my feet right now!

First day of school {Who you gonna call?}:



Well, as it turns out, I had to call my Dad. I was all prepared, got Mason's lunch packed, had some extra time, etc. The morning was going perfect. That is until I got ready to walk out the door. My keys were locked in the car that Jason took to work! Thank goodness it turned out ok, but what a morning! Mason was goofing off for the camera, so I told him I wanted just one serious pose. I finally got a serious pose. It turned out blurry-go figure!

Last day of summer fun. We were invited to go spend the day at the park with some friends of ours and wow! did we have a great time!! I have to admit, I didn't think it was going to be as fun as it was. I thought it was going to be hot and crowded, those two don't mix with me at an amusement park. Turns out it was cool and not crowded at all! The water park was the best. Usually, if it's a normal day, the lines to go up and down the water slides are sometimes an hour wait (totally not worth it!), but the kids (my husband included) ran up the steps and slid down the slides, up, down, up, down over and over again--NO LINES!! It was so much fun and what a way to end the summer.

Some highlights:



{This picture reminds me of that 'Unravel My Sweater' song for some reason}

But the fun doesn't end there. Oh no. I did something that I never thought in a million years that I would do. I rode this:



Yep. My friend Cherie and I got talked into riding this thing. Oh.My.Gosh. I will NEVER forget the feeling I had when I got on this 60 second ride that pulls you up in 56 seconds and then drops you 140 feet in 4 seconds. That's right, awwww yeah. The suspense was unbelievable. You don't know when you are going to fall and then when you reach the top (of which I couldn't even open my eyes because we were SO far up there the cars below looked like hot wheels) you hear a click and there it is, 4 seconds (it felt like 4 minutes) of pure adrenaline. I still can't believe that I rode it, but it was so much fun. Not fun enough to get on it again. But fun! Here is Jason and his friend John (they did it first, those brave, brave souls):




The look on their face is priceless, they were just coming down when I snapped this!

*I went to Wegman's* I went to Wegman's* I was browsing the produce department and I found these 'purple creamer potatoes'. Never heard of them, but wanted to try them. The deep purple color was so pretty:



See all the steam! I boiled them to make smashed potatoes:



I SO see these things popping up at my 'SpookTacular' dinner!

I'm out for now, Steeler game soon!!

No comments: