Sunday, June 17, 2012

Seconds!

I know one thing about Mason's appetite and that is if he asks for a second helping, it must be good! He has been a real trooper with trying new, vegan foods! My last few attempts at pizza were, lets just say....not so good! The cheese-less pizza has been very bland and dry lately, so I came up with a new idea. I had a bottle of basil-flavored olive oil (that is so delicious!) and I thought that I would try it on a pizza. I put some on the dough and sliced up one of those tomatoes that come on the vine (my favorite!) and some fresh basil leaves. Oh.My.Goodness! So good! When I baked it the leaves got a little crunch, so I also chopped up some more fresh basil and sprinkled more on top before serving. Is there anything better than fresh basil? I love it. I was afraid it was going to burn because olive oil has a tendency to burn faster at higher temperatures, but all was good! I did blot some of the extra oil before we ate it! I gave Mason two slices and he said, "Uhh, tomatoes on the pizza?" About two minutes later he was asking if there was any more pizza left! Tell me this is not restaurant-worthy?!



Yum!

No comments: