Saturday, May 19, 2012

I Truly Love Baseball!


Today we had a make-up game because every single event scheduled last week was rained out. It was a great day to play! We arrived knowing that the team that we were playing was undefeated (just like us), so we knew it was going to be a good game. Just how good, I had no idea! It started just like any other game, the parents cheering the kids on and having a good time. By the 4th inning, it was still a scoreless game.  It could be blamed on the hot sun beating down on us and the kids in polyester, but things started to get, for a lack of a better term, heated. The umpires (who were coaches for the OTHER team) started making really bad calls. Really bad calls. One of the Mom's on our team started getting a little (ok, a lot) vocal about it. Of course, the other teams Mom's did not want to be out done, so they started yelling. Mason had an AMAZING play at 3rd base, he tagged the runner and he was....SAFE? Ohhhh, let me tell you, people far and wide could hear all of the Mom's yelling! The field had a score board (a luxury, let me tell you) and two little kids were put in charge of it. They "forgot" to update it, which led to the other team getting more balls, strikes, etc.! They were getting more time at bat than they were supposed to! That is what lead to.....The parent/coach fight! Oh my goodness, yelling back and forth, the other team was going to quit, people were getting thrown out. They were cheating, they were not honest and fair and by the 8th inning we were tied 2-2.  We thought for sure with the bias, that there was no way to come back and win this thing. The second to last time Mason was up to bat, he got beamed with the ball right in the back:


(That is going to hurt tomorrow)
By this time in the game, not only are the kids tired, hot, and hungry, but so are the parents. I got the worst sunburn. I have not had sunburn in years and it hurts! I guess I should not complain, I did not get hit in the back with a pitch! So, this story seems to be as long as the game today, 10 innings!! I do not ever remember playing 10 innings, ever. Mason got up to bat with 2 outs (at this point we are up 1, the score is 3-2), I was so nervous because he has not been on a good hitting streak lately, he got up to bat and cracked the ball to the fence (everyone thought that it was going to go out!!) and he brought in 2 runs!! WE WON!! It was the most exciting game that I have ever seen! We are still undefeated!!

I saw this video circulating Facebook last week and not only is it very timely, it is VERY accurate!!




Oh, and I found spell check :P

No comments: