Monday, February 09, 2009

{More Goodies}

First thing first, this is 'Have A Heart For Chained Dogs Week' (dogsdeservebetter.org) and I spent my Saturday stuffing valentine's to send out to over 8,000 chained dogs throughout the country (and other countries, too). Please read up on it and consider donating your time or money to this fantastic cause. It dawned on me Friday night that I had not made any cards for the event, so I got to it Friday night and whipped up these cards in a matter of about 1/2 an hour! Granted, they are not the best, but they worked!




Next up are some crafty things. Lately, I have been obsessed with the little glass bead/gems that have been on clearance at Walmart (and I feel the need to scarf them all up). At the same time I have been collecting little paint color chips to see what color I think would work in the dining room. So, I have all these little paint color cards and what to do with them?? Well, after massive amounts of hot glue and a ton of clear glass beads, I came up with this:



This is an old picture frame that I had lying around, and of course, I added some spray paint, then I just took the glass gems and grouted them in the picture frame.
Here is how to make the gems: Use any patterned, colored paper or ribbon (or tissue paper, or pictures, etc.) and sprinkle a little glitter in a small circle (you could do without the glitter, but isn't life better with it?), then put a small amount of hot glue on the back of the gem and quickly put it on top of the paper with the glitter on it. Then cut around the edges and there you have it, really pretty gems!

I got these old wooden boxes at the Goodwill a few weeks ago:



Once again, some spray paint does the trick! I had ordered some vintage valentine images from eBay and I think that they look great on the boxes. I mixed a little bit of old with new (the crystals), and of course, some red gems!



Have a great day, everyone, today is so nice, hopefully this is the Spring thaw that we have been waiting for! We got the dining room painted and it looks faboulous! I will post pics after I get all the decorations up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are indeed awesome! Can't wait to see these nice things in person, once spring gets here for real.