Thursday, February 05, 2009

{I can find potential in anything}

Take this for example:



Looking better already!


I have been on a thrift-store kick recently, looking for junk to alter and and put my little touch on.

Here is the final project:
{what better way to display it, huh?!}



I don't know if I am going to keep the bird in it, but it works for now!

I didn't intend for the finish to look this great (!!), it was purely accidental, but sometimes that's what works best! I had some spray paint out on my back deck and it had frozen, but it came out of the can in a spritz that was perfect! I think it gives it and 'old looking' finish.

I am getting ready to paint and decorate my dining room with some pictures and stuff that I had in the old house (we have been here for over a year now, I think it's time!), but I wanted to add some style all my own with some original art pieces. I think this will look nice with all the other things that I have for the dining room.

I found this shadow box with a faux topiary at the Goodwill awhile ago:





I finally got around to doing something with it. Just a little pulling apart, cleaning up, (you know, the fun part!) and figuring out what I want to do with it, I came up with this:




You can't see from the picture very well, but up in the corner is a group of stamps from a Pink Floyd CD that I bought on ebay, it came from Argentina and they were really cool looking stamps! The other items are: a lid to a wooden box, a swirly finial, an old piece of junk jewelry (the key) and a slinky jr., just stuff that I had lying around. I thought that it came together nicely. The clothes pin is to hold a picture, and to add a little more interest, I added 'legs' with red glass beads and a Tim Holtz arrow (I love everything about Tim Holtz!!).

So, I've been feeling creative lately and I wanted to share =) I have some other things, but I will save that for another post.

No comments: